Considering getting into real estate as your next career? We don’t blame you -- it can be a really rewarding career! That being said, there are certain things to consider before taking the plunge.
The Positives of a Career in Real Estate:
- Getting licensed as a real estate agent just takes a few months!
- You are your own boss. You control the direction of your business.
- You work flexible schedules. The more time you invest, the more opportunities you have to close deals.
- You have unlimited income potential. If you sell more, you make more.
- If you love making others happy, this can be a very fulfilling career since you are helping clients with one of the most important decisions they will make in their lives.
- If you love interacting with people, real estate is great for you. You will spend a lot of your time talking with others whether through networking or guiding a client through the buying or selling process.
Things to Consider Before Starting a Career in Real Estate:
- There are a number of fees involved to get started.
- Passing the state licensing exam can be difficult (but AceableAgent is here to help you with that).
- Being your own boss is a lot of work. It’s like having your own business and you’re going to handle all aspects of it: finding leads, managing clients, networking, marketing, and doing administrative work. Good time management is critical!
- Your schedule revolves around your client’s needs. You generally work when others don’t and that means weekends. * It can also mean dropping everything at a moment’s notice in order to help your client. They are your bread and butter, literally.
- Your income potential is affected by the amount of time you invest in your job and the market you cover. When you start out, you won’t be rolling in cash. It’s going to take some time as you continue to build your network and gain more clients.