What is an inactive real estate license?
It is a real estate license, but you cannot practice real estate since your license status is “inactive” and not “active”.
As a new real estate agent, you’ll need to find a sponsoring broker and notify TREC through your online account of their sponsorship in order to change your status from “inactive” to “active.
When do I get my inactive license from TREC?
After passing your licensing exam and you have cleared your background check, TREC will email you your inactive license within 5-10 business days.
There can be delays here if there are issues with your background check.
How do I get my inactive license from TREC?
You’ll need to complete all of the preceding steps:
- Make sure you meet TREC’s qualifications.
- Complete 180 hours of pre-licensing education with AceableAgent.
- File your application, fee, and course completion proof with TREC.
- Receive your eligibility letter from TREC.
- Get your fingerprints and background check done.
- Schedule, take, and pass your licensing exam with Pearson VUE.