You’ve probably heard it 1,000 times, but occasionally, we all need a reminder: change is good. Change is an opportunity for growth, an entryway to success, and though it sometimes seems as though the timing isn’t quite right, in the end, it can actually be a life-altering, positive thing.
Change can come in the form of buying a new home or relocating to a new area, but it can also come with transitioning into a new career. One of the greatest ways to be an agent of positive change in the lives of others while also enhancing your own is becoming a real estate agent. This opportunity allows you to reapply your talents, maintain and expand upon your organizational skills and passions, and increase your network of connections while strengthening pre-existing ones.
Source: @rawpixel via Unsplash
No matter who you are, where you are, or what level of experience you may have, becoming a real estate agent is an attainable opportunity. In fact, being a real estate agent can be fun and rewarding, especially when considering the area or district you’re working in. Another perk: the memes .
Not only do you have the opportunity to find your specialty and passion, but as a real estate agent, you can also be your own boss . This allows you flexibility and it helps you test your senses of work ethic and self-discipline . What you make is up to you. Luckily, there are things like uncapped commissions and a thriving real estate market on your side. In fact, many Texas real estate agents make over $100,000 , with some hitting even more in terms of annual income.
The Texas Real Estate Market
Timing is also on your side. 2018 is a great time to be a real estate agent in Texas. As a whole, Texas real estate is on the rise, especially in comparison to 2016, according to the Texas Association of Realtors’ 2017 Mid-Year Review . The median price of homes has shot up 7.7% from last year to $221,800. There have also been 5.5% more homes sold in comparison to last year, with active listings up 5.9%. An average home in Texas in the year 2017 only spent about 58 days on the market. * Considering the supposed slow-down, the state as a whole is doing well, as are its respective cities.
- In Austin, where business is booming, there has been an incredible rise in active listings, which are up 16.4% from last year, sitting at 6,990.
- The median price of a home in Austin, Texas is $295,000 and a home will generally sit on the market for around 52 days.
- Agents should rejoice at a 4.1% increase in homes sold, the average for $175 per square foot.
- This trend could continue to grow as the city sees over 7,052 new buildings under construction.
Source: @atw via Unsplash
- And, according to the TAR Mid-Year Review, San Antonio is a city of 8,544 active listings.
- The median price of a home in San Antonio Texas is $210,000 and a home will generally sit on the market for around 58 days, two less than last year’s average.
- Fortunately, real estate agents observed a 5.4% increase in homes sold, averaging an increased $113 per square foot.
- San Antonio is growing and a whopping 3,936 homes are under construction.
_Source: Pedro Szekely via Flickr
Skills & Qualifications
You don’t have to just be in Austin or San Antonio to utilize your skills. If you’re looking to make a change while still applying your knowledge in the aforementioned markets or anywhere else, anyone, from a teacher to a bartender, can make it work. The opportunity to become a real estate agent allows you to reapply your talents , giving you the ability to take your organizational habits , your connections , and your influence to build your business and grow as both an agent and as a person.
This growth can happen with the help of educational resources like AceableAgent . AceableAgent is here to provide you with fresh, informative state-approved courses that sync across your phone, tablet, and home computer. It not only gives you the education you need, but brings positive change right to you. If you’re interested in pursuing the opportunity and want to learn more, you can check out and take pre-license courses through AceableAgent.
Though it doesn’t always seem like it, change is good. It’s what you make of it. And what better to make of it than a new career, a higher salary, and the opportunity for success?